Almond & raspberry granola
Almond & Raspberry Granola
A delicious low-sugar granola, full of healthy fats that are super important for fertility. Chia seeds provide omega 3 fats, which are important for regulating fertility hormones and for your future baby's brain, eye and nervous system development. Almonds are rich in vitamin E, required for hormone function and to metabolise essential fats.
Recipe type: Breakfast
Cuisine: Gluten free
- 140g almonds, roughly chopped
- 85g gluten-free oats, or buckwheat groats if you are avoiding grains
- 30g chia seeds
- 25g hemp seeds, hulled
- 20g pumpkin seeds
- 15g sunflower seeds
- 90ml flavourless coconut oil
- 2tsp almond extract
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp freeze dried raspberries
- To serve
- Handful fresh raspberries
- Coconut yogurt or almond milk
- Preheat the oven to 150c and line a baking tray with baking parchment.
- In a large bowl combine the dry ingredients, except the freeze dried raspberries.
- Melt the coconut oil over a low heat, then stir through the almond and vanilla extracts.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry and stir to thoroughly combine.
- Spread the mixture out onto the prepared baking tray and cook in the oven for 30 minutes, turning once halfway through.
- Allow to cool completely, then pour into a bowl and stir through the freeze dried raspberries.
- Serve ½ cup portion with coconut yogurt or almond milk and fresh raspberries.