chocolate peanut butter brownies
salted peanut butter brownies
Lip smackingly good, these brownies make the perfect weekend sweet treat.
Author: The Fertility Kitchen
Recipe type: sweet treat
- 120ml aquafaba (the drained liquid from a standard 400g can chickpeas) or 3 organic free-range eggs
- 45g coconut sugar
- 110g almond milk
- 120g smooth peanut butter (I used Pip & Nut)
- 140g pure maple syrup
- 70g buckwheat flour
- 65g cacao powder, sifted
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseeds
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 80g dark chocolate (90%), roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- Grease and line a 26cm x 16cm brownie tin. Preheat the oven to 160°C, fan.
- In a large bowl whisk together the aquafaba (or eggs), coconut sugar, almond milk, 120g peanut butter and maple syrup until you have a smooth batter.
- In a separate bowl combine the buckwheat flour, cacao powder, flaxseeds, salt and baking powder.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until well combined then stir in the chopped chocolate.
- Pour the batter into the prepared tin and then dot 2tbsp peanut butter onto the batter and use a knife to create a marble pattern.
- Place in the centre of the oven and bake until just set, about 20-25 minutes.
- Allow to cool in the tin before turning out and cutting into squares.