One of my fertility-friendly food habits is to eat a rainbow everyday. This simple pad Thai recipe will help you to do just that. It’s bursting with colour, flavour and goodness. If you want something super-quick, nutritious and delicious then look no further.
Warning: the spicy almond sauce is super addictive! If you’d like to add something extra, you could throw in some shredded cooked chicken for an extra protein boost.
Rainbow pad Thai
Thai almond butter sauce
- 1 medium lime juiced
- ¼ cup tamari
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 2 medium courgettes spiralised or finely sliced
- 1 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 4 spring onions finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 thumb-sized piece ginger finely grated
- 1 small carrot cut into matchsticks
- 100 g tenderstem broccoli chopped into florets
- 1 small red pepper thinly sliced
- 1 small yellow pepper thinly sliced
- ¼ red cabbage finely shredded
- 1 cup fresh coriander roughly chopped
- ½ cup bean sprouts optional
- 1 medium red chilli finely sliced
- Make the sauce. Whisk together the lime juice, tamari, almond butter and chilli. Set aside.
- Heat the coconut oil in a large frying pan or wok over a medium heat. Add onion, garlic and ginger. Cook for 1 minute then add the carrot, broccoli, red and yellow pepper and cabbage. Cook until the broccoli turns vibrant green, about 2 minutes.
- Add the sauce and courgette noodles. Cook for 2-3 minutes until the noodles are heated through. Remove from the heat and stir through the coriander.
- Serve topped with the bean sprouts and sliced chilli.