Raspberry and almond partner so well together in this better-for-you loaf cake recipe. Think Bakewell tart as a loaf with less sugar! I have packed this recipe with some incredible ingredients to make sure that it’s both nutritious and delicious!
Sit down with your favourite brew and a slice of this loaf cake, smeared with coconut yogurt. Dreamy.
Raspberry & almond loaf
- ¾ cup ground almonds
- ¾ cup oat flour You can make this yourself by grinding oats in a blender
- 1 tsp baking powder I use Dove's Farm gluten free
- ⅓ cup gluten-free rolled oats
- ⅓ cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup coconut yogurt
- 3 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2 medium free-range eggs
- 2 tbsp coconut oil melted and cooled slightly
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups frozen raspberries
- To decorate
- 1 tbsp gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 tbsp flaked almonds
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F). Place a loaf liner in a 2 lb loaf tin or grease and line with baking parchment.
- Place the ground almonds, oat flour, baking powder, oats and desiccated coconut in a large bowl and stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the yogurt, maple syrup, eggs, coconut oil and vanilla together. Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and mix until just combined. Don’t over mix. Gently sir through raspberries.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared tin and sprinkle with oats and flaked almonds, place in the oven and bake for 35-40 minutes until golden or until a skewer inserted comes out clean. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 15 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one week or wrap individual slices and store in the freezer for up to one month.