If you have been looking for a better-for-you cookie recipe that still tastes amazing, your search is over! These cookies have that perfect, soft chewy texture that we all want from a cookie. Plus they are flourless, gluten-free and dairy-free and can easily be made vegan.
This is one of my most popular sweet recipes and if you like this one you should also check out my chewy cranberry cookies which are a variation of the same recipe. Enjoy!
Seedy date cookies
- 30 g sesame seeds
- 85 g oats
- 25 g coconut sugar (you can use dark brown sugar if you prefer)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 40 g medjool dates roughly chopped
- 1 medium free-range egg
- 125 g smooth cashew butter, well stirred (you can use any all-natural nut butter)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp date syrup (maple syrup would also work)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan assisted), grease and line a baking sheet.
- Place the sesame seeds, oats, coconut sugar, baking powder, salt and dates in a medium bowl and stir to combine.
- Place the egg, cashew butter, vanilla extract and date syrup in a large bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix well. Space 10 spoonfuls of the mixture well apart on the baking sheet and press down lightly into circles (wet your hands if they are sticking to the mixture). Bake for 10 minutes, or until lightly browned. Leave on the sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.