Roasted Vegetable Curry
You will love this rich coconut and tomato-based roasted root vegetable curry recipe. It's easy, flavourful and a real crowd pleaser.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time40 mins
For the roasted vegetables
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 medium parsnip, peeled and cut into large discs
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and cut into large discs
- ½ small butternut squash, peeled, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted melted
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 1 tsp unrefined sea salt
For the curry sauce
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 small brown onion, peeled and finely diced
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 5 cm fresh root ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 small bunch coriander stems, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 400 ml can full fat coconut milk
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 680 g jar passata rustica
- 100 g cherry tomatoes, halved (I used a mixture of yellow, orange and red)
- 1 small bunch coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- 4 tbsp coconut yogurt (I used CO YO)
- 4 tbsp almonds, toasted and roughly chopped
Prepare the vegetables
Preheat the oven to 200°C. Place the vegetables into a baking tray, drizzle over the coconut oil and sprinkle over the garam masala and salt, then toss everything together to make sure the vegetables are well coated. Bake for 30 minutes.
Make the sauce
Heat the coconut oil in a saucepan, add the onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic, ginger, coriander stems and spices. Stir continuously, ensuring that they do not burn.
When the spices smell fragrant add the tomato puree, coconut milk, lemon juice, passata and cherry tomatoes and season with salt. Give everything a good stir, bring to a boil then reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
When the vegetables have finished baking stir them into the curry sauce. Add the coriander and remove from the heat.
Serve in bowls topped with 1 tbsp yogurt and 1 tbsp toasted almonds.