These choc-chunk cookies are next level delicious. A perfect partner to a cup of tea, put your feet up and enjoy!
Choc-chunk tahini cookies
- 140 g (½ cup) smooth hulled tahini
- 1 egg yolk
- 80 ml (⅓ cup) honey
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 90 g (½ cup) oat flour
- 30 g (¼ cup) ground almonds
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 50 g dark chocolate 90% cocoa solids, roughly chopped, plus extra for pressing into the cookies
- Preheat the oven to 160°C (325°F). Grease and line two large baking trays with plastic-free baking parchment.
- Place the tahini, egg yolk, honey and vanilla in a large bowl and mix until smooth.
- Add the oat flour, ground almonds, baking powder and salt and mix until well combined, like cookie dough. Fold in the chocolate.
- Roll heaped tablespoons of the dough into 10 balls and place on the trays. Gently press each cookie to flatten, press extra chocolate into each cookie and bake for 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown. Allow to cool on the trays.
•Store cookies in an airtight glass container for up to three days or freeze for up to one month.